Sign in to follow this  
George II

WA State Titles - some footage

Hi Windrush Sailors,

here is a youtube link to some footage I took at the recent WA state titles held in Albany WA.

I have put up a few other clips on youtube as well if you search Windrush 14 . Rgds.

http://youtu.be/m4e_5tlUZNQ

Good stuff.  Nice nose dive too, and good recovery.  Have you had any concerns about losing the gopro, how is it attached to the boom?

Phil

Attached with a gopro Velcro wrist strap around the end of the boom . but I also have a security tether around the camera to a secure point . I use various positions in my videos , but for that states one I left it at the boom end. That's a good overall position.  I do use the chest harness occasionally - that's a good view when you are out on the trapeze , Also have a handlebar clamp I secure to the Forestay adjuster  up at the hounds on the mast - that gives a good looking sown angle. Ideally I would like to have footage from 3-4 different positions to make a video , helps it to not be too boring.  I also have another mount I put between the forestay bridles & it hangs just under where the jib attaches . thing with mounts is you just have to try different positions to see what turns up.  Braid fishing line is good for the security tethers !

rgds .