Jimmy

Maricat Traveller Car

Hi Guys, recently purchased a Maricat 4.3 and whilst sailing on the weekend the traveller car gave way. Just wondering if anybody knows where to get a a new one from. I've attached the images in case this is an easy fix. Any help would be appreciated ? ? 

1506936274600.jpg

Resized_20171002_170235_7033.jpg

IMG_0606.thumb.PNG.ae3aba26b1ed6b31c9f54

The traveller cars are standard Ronstan items either 

online or from any sailing chandler. Mick from Lemon Tree Passage Marine carries a full stock of Maricat new parts.

Twin wheel are RC61910

Triple wheel are RC61912

The triple wheel cars are much better, with much less binding and they slide easier, but more expensive.

You could try Darcy to see if he has any second hand ones for sail.

Thread revival.

My traveller has an integrated swivel  cleat. Is there a new option that has the cleat integrated? Or do I need to also buy a swivel cleat to mount to the rear beam like I've seen older maricat with? 

Thanks

Thanks Pointed Reply. 

I found a good used swivel cleat & traveller car. 

I've seen the swivel cleat mounted directly to the rear beam, I guess since the newer ones have it on a mount it must be better.

I'll have a go at making a mount.

Cheers

I have a Mk 2, at least a Mk 2 rear beam - with integrated traveller. I would prefer to mount it directly to the rear beam if it works OK. 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has pic of the new traveller swivel cleat mount, or can provide a link to a pic.  Specifically the attachment to the rear beam. I have a piece of aluminium plate I'm gonna use to fabricate one & wanna make sure the attachment to the rear beam via rivets has suitably spaced holes with enough rivets. 

Thanks