Sign in to follow this  
ManniP

Windrush fleets in the Geelong area

Hello. I am considering which class of catamaran to launch my return to off the beach sailing with. Can anyone give me an indication of which clubs sail Windrush 14s in the Geelong region. Also, at 95 kgs, am I too heavy for one of these or should I be considering something bigger. I should also stress I am looking for a solo crew proposition. Thanks

Good cheap racing , tough with few known faults. A bit more expense, for more performance is the Taipan. Both will carry your 95kg comfortably in "Cat" rig, solo sailing, on trapeze for the Taipan.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:52 AM, darcy1945 said:

Good cheap racing , tough with few known faults. A bit more expense, for more performance is the Taipan. Both will carry your 95kg comfortably in "Cat" rig, solo sailing, on trapeze for the Taipan.

Thanks mate. This is encouraging. Can you tell me which club in the Geelong/Bellarine area have a fleet of these?

I'm to far north to help with your local info, just keep posting and learning. Best advice I can give, is to find the local clubs, and go with the fleet that suits your pocket.